|2018/2019 Course Dates / Locations / Times||Attendance Fees|
|May 23rd 2019 / Schaumburg, IL (8:30am - 5:00pm)||$300|
|September 26th 2019 / Schaumburg, IL (8:30am - 5:00pm)||$300|
Otometrics invites you to our VNG course. This is a one-day course is designed to assist new users of the ICS Chartr 200 VNG/ENG system in becoming more familiar with the system’s operation. For current users, this course will allow you to stay up-to-date as new technology and software are introduced to VNG/ENG testing. Key training areas include protocol development, data interpretation and presentation, and reporting test results.
A discussion and demonstration will be produced on how the ICS Chartr 200 system is utilized for VNG/ENG testing. The basics of vestibular testing will be reviewed along with a discussion of oculormotor, positional, and calorics theory. A hands-on practicum of oculormotor, positional, and calorics testing will also be included. An overview and exploration of reporting using the Chartr 200 system will be discussed. The day will end with a review and demonstration of video head impulse testing using the ICS Impulse. The benefits of the use of VNG/ENG to both the clinician and patient will be presented.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate patient preparation and set up for collection of VNG/ENG data.
- Participants will be able to describe oculormotor, positional, and calorics theory in order to collect and properly identify normal vs. peripheral vs. central pathology.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate oculormotor, positional, and calorics testing.
- Participants will be able to recognize and avoid common errors and artifacts in VNG/ENG.
- Participants will be able to recognize the need for other vestibular test, such as head impulse and VEMP testing and correlate their findings with VNG/ENG results.
- Participants will be able to describe the physiologic basis of video head impulse testing and how it can determine the side of lesion.
Otometrics is approved by the American Academy of Audiology to offer Academy CEUs for this activity. The program is worth a maximum of 0.7 CEUs. Academy approval of this continuing education activity is based on course content only and does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedure, or adherence of the event to the Academy's Code of Ethics. Any views that are presented are those of the presenter/CE Provider and not necessarily of the American Academy of Audiology.
NOTE: VNG training is held two times a year at the Otometrics facility in Schaumburg, Illinois, approximately 25 minutes from O’Hare International Airport.